- Each applicant must be at least 17 years old on registration day.
- Each applicant must have successfully completed high school (or have obtained a G.E.D.) in order to be eligible to receive a Word of Life diploma upon graduation. Others will be considered on an individual basis and will be enrolled as auditing participants who will receive a certificate of attendance.
- Each applicant must give testimony of being a born-again believer in Jesus Christ and indicate a sincere desire to study the Word of God.
- Each applicant must be in general agreement with the Word of Life Statement of Faith and be teachable in areas of disagreement (as well as agree not to propagate their views). The applicant must also agree to abide by the Bible Institute Standard of Conduct.
- Each applicant must be in sufficiently good health to participate effectively.
- Each applicant must be fluent in either Hungarian or English. Applicants who do not speak English as their first language will be sent a proficiency assessment before their acceptance is determined.
- Applicants outside of the European Union must possess a valid passport to travel to Hungary. The passport must be valid until at least 6 months after graduation.
- Non-European Union participants will apply for their Residency Permit shortly after arriving in Hungary. The WOLH staff will help each participant fill out the application and take them to the Immigration Office in Budapest. Participants must have proof of international health insurance in order to apply for their Residency Permit. This is a requirement by law.
- Participants from certain countries may be required to certify their ability to pay for their tuition and personal needs in order for the government to grant permission to stay in Hungary.